1. I purchased upgrade from Project Manager to Project Manager Pro. How to activate the software?
You have to launch your P2ware Project Manager and then click
P2ware Suite button (upper left corner) and
choose option Activate. The activation wizard will show up.
Follow its steps to activate the software.
2. How long are licences for P2ware Project Manager applications valid?
The licences once purchased for applications are
valid infinitely. It means that you may use the
software as long as you are able to install the
software on your operating system.
3. I am planning to purchase software for 5 project managers,
server application for another 50 users and software for one person in the
project support office (creating plan templates). What licences should I purchase?
You should purchase: 1 licence for Portfolio Server, 56 CALs
for all users connecting to Portfolio Server.
For your project managers you
should buy 5 licences for Project Manager and 1 licence for
Project Manager PRO which will be used by a person in project support
4. I have to give access to Portfolio Server to 10 external stakeholders.
What additional licences do I have to buy?
It is enough to buy 10 CALs (client access licences).
5. What is the difference between 1 year license and regular Project Manager license?
1 year license is valid 1 year from the activation date. After a year Project Manager
will deactivate and you will be able to open created plans in free Project Manager Viewer software which
is installed with all Project Manager versions. 1 year license is not a subscription so there is no hidden costs.
After a year you may purchase another 1 year license, regular license or uninstall Project Manager.
Regular licenses have no time limitations.